December 2018 School Holidays Workshops, Programmes, Activities & Courses in Singapore For Primary & Secondary School Students.
Effective studying is the one element guaranteed to produce good grades in school. But, it’s ironic that the one thing almost never taught in school is how to study effectively.
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Getting Organised to Study
- Reducing External Interference
- Using Whole and Part Learning Systems
- Master The Power of the PQRST Method
- Top 5 Powerful Study Tips to Achieve Your Goal
Examination or Test Taking Strategies
Studying is only a part of getting good results on your exam. No matter how hard you study as a student if you don’t know how to go about taking a test, whether multiple choice or essay, you won’t score the highest possible mark.
- How to Prepare Before The Test
- Mindset While Doing The Test
- Post Test Evaluation
- Calming Anxiety
- Minimising the Risk of Careless Mistakes
Note Taking Skills & Strategies
Good note taking is essential, but what’s not essential is writing down every tiny detail in a in class when the teacher is teaching. Its is crucial for students to find a system of taking notes that works with their learning style, thus enabling them to always keeping it simple.
- Taking Notes: When & Where
- Effective Strategies for Note Taking in The Classroom
- Note Taking Strategies While Studying
- The 5 R’s of Note Taking: Record, Reduce, Recite, Reflect, Review
Time Management Skills
There are 168 hours each week. With classes, activities, study, and free time, planning becomes essential to get things done. A few time management tools of the student’s choosing can help them organize their time efficiently.
- Figure Out What a Week Looks Like
- The Myth of Multi-Tasking
- Creating A Plan
- Keeping Your Plan In Sight
- How Not To Deviate From Your Plan
Taking Charge of Homework
What’s the point of homework? In a word: practice. Homework helps students embed the knowledge and perfect the skills they need to succeed.
- Avoid the Procrastination Trap
- Finding The Motivation To Do The Homework
- Getting into ” The Zone” & Staying There
- Creating a Proper Homework Environment for Continued Success
As important as they are, basic memory techniques are study ingredients least likely to be taught in Singapore Secondary schools, even in a study skills course. So while the better Secondary schools & teachers in Singapore might help your child with reading, writing, organising, & test strategies, far too many of them will “forget” to help your child with their memory. How quickly a Secondary school student gets through their reading material is immaterial. What’s material is how much of the material gets through to those students.
- The Best 7 Memory Techniques You will ever need to be a Memory Master
- Eliminate Rote Memorisation; Saving Valuable Study Time
- Store Information in their Long-term Memory
- Triple Your Recall Ability
- Developing & Applying Unique & Personalised Memorisation Strategy
- Incorporating Both Sides of The Brain For Rapid Memorisation Improve Concentration, Observation & overcome Absent-mindedness
- Practice Mental Filling to Prevent Yourself from “Blanking Out” or Mental Blockages During Exams
Mind Mapping Excellence
Mind Mapping is a visual thinking tool and note-taking technique used to stimulate you to think, learn and communicate more effectively and efficiently.
- How to Produce Your Own Mind Maps
- Organising your Study Notes Using Mind Maps
- Rules of Mind Mapping
- When to Use Mind Maps
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Mind Mapping
Critical Thinking Skills
Critical thinking is the process of evaluating the evidence supporting an idea by using logic and reason. This is one of the skills that separates the good student and a great student.
- Understanding Critical Thinking & It’s Benefits
- Applying Critical Thinking Skills in Your School & Social Lives
- Succeeding With The Critical Thinking Process
Mental Concentration & Focus Skills
To concentrate is to direct one’s mental efforts, towards a particular activity. With good concentration & Focus, students will be able to achieve almost anything they set their mind too without deviating .
- Practical Concentration Boosting Exercises
- The Wandering Mind Is A Friend & An Enemy
- Increasing The length of Focus One Session At A Time
or drop us a message below
2018 December School Holidays Activities, December School Holiday Programmes 2018, December 2018 School Holidays Workshops & Courses in Singapore, December 2018 School Holiday Courses in Singapore, Singapore School Holiday Workshops & Courses, December School Holiday Programs in Singapore for primary school and secondary school students.
Study Skills Article
Reexamining as a study expertise fortifies the memory of the educated material. All things considered, the standards and skills utilized as a part of studying are likewise connected in modifying. It might appear like a simple procedure at first on the grounds that the topic has just been taken up, yet then it is just through amending that a man sees all the more hidden thoughts never observed – and this stimulates basic considering.
Reexamining is additionally how a great many people get ready for examinations, from where a significant level of evaluations originate from. Along these lines, with the goal for reconsidering to successfully fill its need, don’t fall into the trap of conferring the accompanying mix-ups:
Arranging is the underlying advance in reconsidering, as in any endeavor. This is the place you recognize the points to be examined in view of the course layout or syllabus gave toward the begin of the term. A workable timetable ought to similarly be set up to decide the measure of time to be allocated for each topic. There are some who underestimate the course diagram and in this manner likewise disregard setting up a time allotment. What happens then is that time planned for overhauling runs out, and some critical subjects are missed. Planning week by week modifications is sufficiently reasonable, yet investing brief times of energy day by day for study is more compelling.
Not focusing on course destinations
Like the syllabus, course destinations are likewise clarified toward the start of the school term to control understudies on what they hope to accomplish from the educational programs. Without this mindfulness prompts an exercise in futility on modifying less imperative themes.
Not overseeing time legitimately
For understudies, a definitive objective is to have the capacity to graduate and get a degree. To understand that, quite a long while are devoted to genuine study. Regularly, because of voluminous workload – assignments, tests, examinations, ventures, postulations, case investigations – the quintessence of time administration is either disregarded or overlooked. Every day is taken as it comes, in a manner of speaking. Before you know it, a ton of valuable time has just been put to squander on the grounds that time was not overseen appropriately.
Packing originates from inability to arrange for what to change, how to amend, and when to update. Not exclusively is assimilated data stopped in the fleeting memory, it likewise focuses on the brain and the body. Since packing ordinarily happens on the night prior to an examination day, there is that inevitable chance to make elucidations with or make inquiries to the teacher. It is best to convey modification time a few days or weeks before an examination happens.
Not having a compelling note-taking framework
Course books give the essential information required in a specific subject. The educator, in any case, enlarges this with addresses. Not every person shows an uplifting mentality towards addresses, and this may influence note-taking propensities. Even under the least favorable conditions, one may not bring down notes. On the off chance that and when he does, he may very well scrawl insignificant data. Thus, he will have a troublesome time reconsidering as a result of deficient material.